Content Harry Potter

Reviews

bernicrumb posted a comment on Sunday 23rd June 2019 12:38pm for The Hero, the Widow and the Orphan

I love this! I never liked the idea of Harry becoming an auror. After being forced to be a child soldier in canon, and his experiencrs with being controlled by Dumbledore and persecuted by the corrupt Ministry, I just can't see him willingly putting himself into a position where Ministry leadership can give him orders. While it would be nice to see the future outcome of this oneshot scenario, I find the fic as it currently exists to be wholely satisfying. Well done!

Kokopelli replied:

The next story in the vault is more or less the sequel.   Yes, I never liked Auror-Harry - too much same-old, same-old.

ILikeToRead posted a comment on Thursday 25th February 2016 12:59am for The Hero, the Widow and the Orphan

Fun to read one-shot. I still think that Tonks and Harry make a good couple. Thanks for sharing!

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Thursday 7th May 2009 12:07pm for The Hero, the Widow and the Orphan

I like it. Tonks not knowing what her original self looks like was a nice touch.

Heather_Sinclair posted a comment on Tuesday 20th March 2007 1:11pm for The Hero, the Widow and the Orphan

Excellent scene, and while it might make the basis for a good story I think it sits well where it is.

And also a good,original,answer for the cliche of Tonks' true form.

Patches posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd March 2006 7:27pm for The Hero, the Widow and the Orphan

I like this story. It is tragic that so many of Harry and Tonks' friends and loved ones died but it is good to think that they may make a new life for themselves. I like the story that Harry adopted a little war orphan.

I wouldn't mind if you continued this story.
Thanks for writing.
pms

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Monday 20th March 2006 10:37am for The Hero, the Widow and the Orphan

Very good start.

gunny

Steven Augart posted a comment on Monday 20th March 2006 1:48am for The Hero, the Widow and the Orphan

I enjoyed the story, just as it stands. Thanks for writing and posting. I like this format.

Ken Warner posted a comment on Sunday 19th March 2006 2:06am for The Hero, the Widow and the Orphan

Very nice, very plausible -
All in all a very sweet beginning to what could be an interesting llok at domesticity among survivors.
Thanks

Pleather Boots posted a comment on Saturday 18th March 2006 8:40pm for The Hero, the Widow and the Orphan

Hmm, you're right, too good to throw away.

burnunit4 posted a comment on Saturday 18th March 2006 6:45am for The Hero, the Widow and the Orphan

Having Tonks not remember what she orignally looks like is orignal. It's usally that she falls back to her orignal form at sleep time. I love seeing orignal ideas. kudos to you.

Kokopelli replied:

Actually, that's taken from the old legend of Proteus, who could assume any shape, but always became an old hunchbacked man as he slept.

FenrisWolf posted a comment on Saturday 18th March 2006 6:42am for The Hero, the Widow and the Orphan

Nice ficlet, certainly an interesting start for a Harry/Tonks story.

My one critique is with the idea that metamorph abilities preclude childbearing. If that were the case, the power would be selected out of the gene pool rather quickly. Aside from that, though, I liked it, as well as I can like any story that's not H/Hr.

Kokopelli replied:

Yeah, well, you try keeping a child in utero when you're changing shape and body chemistry.   Per canon, Metamorphs are very very rare, so I'm thinking that they're a sport of some sort.

Crys posted a comment on Saturday 18th March 2006 5:30am for The Hero, the Widow and the Orphan

"So, I suppose McGonagall is out too?"
*choke* I so did NOT need that image, K.

Interesting little ficlet from the vault.

Kokopelli replied:

Blame Jeconais and Kinsfire - they were the inspiration for this one.